Monday, March 14, 2011

My kind of town

Chicago is amazing and I am so glad I went. We watched the St. Patrick's parade, went to the Art Instiute of Chicago and caught a cool photo exhibit and caught up with some friends. I had plans to see many more people (there has been a massive movement over the years of cool people to Chicago), but that will have to wait for another trip.

The highlight, for me, was watching my giant of a husband act just like a child at a Bulls game.

The man has been a Bulls fan since his early childhood. It didn't surprise me Friday when he confessed that he's pretty sure he starting like the Bulls when, as a child, they were playing a team that everyone else he was with was routing for; naturally, he picked the opposing team. The rest is history, and his love affair continues today.

I have to admit, I think I'm starting to join the bandwagon. I'm a fan of college basketball, way more than pro, but the Bulls play like a college team. They are enthusiastic and they run down the court, trying their hardest for every shot and rebound. They are dynamic and young...and I might have a tiny crush on Joakim Noah...shhh, don't tell my husband.

At any rate, our seats, a gift from Nate's mom, were amazing, and the entire game was exciting. Nate was fist-bumping (is that the right term?) all of our neighbors, yelling to the players, and in general sparkling like a kid on Christmas. I loved watching him more than the game (or Noah).

It's funny how old I feel Nate and I are getting. We whooped it up Friday, but on Saturday we fell asleep early, and then we got up at 8 am on daylight savings day to leave. There was a time when we maybe were just getting to bed, not too many years ago...but don't tell my kids that, ok?

The rest of trip was great, but it was good to pick up the boys Sunday and get home to make a family favorite, lasagna, for a nice dinner. This recipe is delicious and pretty diet-friendly; one piece has about 335 calories, a little more than one serving of low fat dairy, lean protein and a serving of whole grains. Plus, I like to hide some spinach in it; the boys don't even notice.

The grocery supply is getting low, and more extensive trip will soon be in order. I am nearly halfway through the month. I am hoping to get some reader suggestions on delicious, cheap and healthy meals. share!

1 comment:

  1. This story is so fun and refreshing! Which is why I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award here:

    http://saramaniac.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete